1. Q: What is the SCIM Academic Session?
2. Q: Which courses will be offered during the Academic Session #8?
-Diamond Cutter Institute Level 8 Teacher Training (DCI students are required to complete the ACI 9 portion of the training)
-Asian Classics Input Project Translator Course 8
3. Q: What are the dates of the Academic Session #8 ?
4. Q: How many Academic Sessions will SCIM offer each year? Can I skip sessions and come to later ones?
5. Q: Where is the Academic Session going to take place?
6. Q: Who will be teaching the classes in the session?
7. Q: What is the origin of these courses?
8. Q: What are the prerequisites to participate in the Academic Session?
-Demonstrate fluency in English speech, reading and writing
-Complete and submit the application form
–Be selected for the program
–Submit the application fee, if selected for attendance
–US visa B1/B2 approved once you are selected for attendance
9. Q: Is this course open to anyone? Are there any restrictions?
10. Q: If I attend this course, am I then qualified to be an ACI or DCI teacher?
11. Q: Do I have to be a Buddhist to attend?
12. Q: What is the tuition fee for one 14-day Academic Session?
13. Q: Can I bring my translator if my English proficiency is not high enough?
14. Q: What things should I bring with me to the Academic Session?
-Warm Jacket (Sedona is at high altitude and can be cold in winter months!)
-Business Suit (for DCI Students)
-Smartphone with video camera
15. Q: How do I get to SCIM?
16. Q: When should I arrive?
17. Q: Do I need to arrange my own accommodation and meals?
A: All participants are required to arrange their own accommodations and meals for the duration of the AS. Some snacks may be offered, but all students will be free to have lunch locally during course days. There are many options nearby the SCIM Tower Building for accommodations and meals. SCIM can provide a list of these options. We do have a deal with the Days Inn Kokopelli, you have to contact them directly http://www.daysinnkokopelli.com/ mentioning that you will participate on SCIM Academic Session 8.
18. Q: When is the deadline for applications?
19. Q: What is the application process?
20. Q: What are the costs of the program?
21. Q: What happens if I am not selected as a student? Will I get my money back?
22. Q: What is the outcome of a graduate student from the Academic Session #8?
A: A graduated student from the Academic Session #8 will be equipped with the necessary tools to be a DCI teacher in training.
The curriculum of the SCIM program is divided into “Four Legs of the Table”:
–Content: The Raw Knowledge that teachers need to transmit to their students
–Presentation and Teaching Skills: How to engage and audience and deliver a message
–Professionalism and Ethics: The Role and Rules of a Teacher
–Production and Business: How to produce a successful event
23. Q: If I get elected and finish the course will I have a guaranteed position in DCI?
24. Q: Will my information be shared or made public?
25. Q: Can I do the courses online?
26. Q: Do I get a discount if I subscribe to multiple academic sessions?
27. Q: Can I participate some of the days and have other days off during the course?
28. Q: Is there any Financial Aid available? –like scholarships or work study options?
29. Q: Are these academic sessions offered anywhere else?
30. Q: How many courses are there in total?
31. Q: Which languages are going to be involved in the translation programs?
32. Q: Will I learn Tibetan?
33. Q: What happens if I miss one course? Will there be a second round?
34. Q: Are the facilities disability friendly?
35. Q: What happens if I have mental health problems?
36. Q: What happens if I have health problems?
37. Q: Will I need a student VISA?
Applicants must have an approved visa if are selected.